Tresemme keratin shampoo

tresemme keratin shampoo
Tresemme Shampoo
You might have heard a lot about
Tresemme shampoo and conditioner range from commercials and social media. And it might have made you crave to buy it for yourself too. But wait, not everything that glitters is gold. Yes! You heard me right. Go on reading, if you want to know my experience with this much-hyped shampoo.

Okay, so I'm also one of those people who got fascinated by Tresemme being a really hyped product. So I thought to give it a try. If you are wondering about the price of this shampoo so I got it in a deal for R.s 1100 for a 600 ml bottle of Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and a 180 ml bottle of Tresemme conditioner. So I think it was a pretty good deal.

Coming back to the review, I had used this shampoo and conditioner for over 2 months so that I get to notice the proper results. But the condition in which it left my hair was drastic!

First of all, let's see what it claims?

Since as the name implies “Tresemme keratin shampoo” so it claims to have keratin and other hair nourishing and strengthening ingredients that make your hair stronger and frizz-free. As you might know, that keratin is a natural protein that makes up the basic structure of our hair and nails, etc. so it acts as a booster for the protection and strengthening of your hairs.

How was my experience?

As far as the frizz-free part is concerned, I have frizzy hair so it helped in taming them and making them look smooth. So yes! It made my hair appear less frizzy. 

BUT,

It didn't strengthen my hair at all. Rather it caused them to fall in lumps. I have never had such a bad hair fall in my life that this shampoo caused. My hair lost their volume and that natural bounce. So I had stopped using it.

Since I was having a bad experience after using this keratin shampoo which gave me an intense hair fall. So I was really curious about it and I searched for its ingredients on the internet. What I found out was that the second main ingredient in it is Sodium Laureth Sulfate and I also got to know that this isn't a good ingredient for your hair health and growth as it is not good for sensitive hair. Basically, Sodium Laureth Sulfate is used in shampoos to make a lather and thick foam. High quantities of this element in a product can badly damage the health of your hair. So you must look out while purchasing a shampoo if it has this ingredient present in the first five ingredients you must not buy it. Thinking about why is it necessary to look out for the first five ingredients? Click here to read in the mid of this article where I have described the concept of primary and secondary ingredients of a product.

So yeah, I had quit using it and switched to another shampoo. So I won't recommend it to anyone.

How was the Tresemme conditioner?

The conditioner was pretty good and does a great job. One thing I didn’t like about the conditioner was its strong smell. Like I’m not a fan of products that leave such a strong smell even after washing it off. So that really puts me off.

Previous Post Next Post