Why I chose to study psychology?

Y'all might have met and seen many people who opt to study psychology because of their deep interest in this subject. But sadly or not, I wasn't one of them.

I was a medical student and like every other medical student, I also had a dream to study in a medical college and become a doctor. But, my fate has something else for me or most correctly explained Allah Had planned something better for me. You know there's an ayah in Surah Anfal in Quran Pak which translates as "But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners” (8:30)

So this happened in my case too! I had my plans but Allah Had already planned something else for me and how can you fight with your fate? You have to bow before Allah and accept His decisions. 
So what happened was when my result for Fsc came out, I passed out with first division from the federal board so I had sky-high hopes that I would get on merit for medical college. But after giving many of the tests for MCAT and trying to get admission in any of the medical colleges, it grew a whirlpool of depression around me. 
Now the Fate part of the story, the university from where I have graduated was the same place where I had applied as a last option for psychology in the fall semester but I was so immersed in medical college and MCAT that I didn't answer to my selection there or any further procedures. Toh Khair, time went on, I didn't get admission to medical college, or university wo toh kahani bta chuki hun. 
So I wasted about 4-5 months in the hope of getting admitted to a medical college amidst neglecting the opportunity that came my way. And guess what? After wasting that time, I applied again to that same university and again for psychology because it was the only flickering hope that would let me somehow connected with the medical field. I don't know how and when but there existed in my mind, some kind of obsession with the lab coat and personality of doctors so I just wanted to stay connected to this field and also I didn’t have many options at that time or at least I felt that I was left with no other options. 
That's how Destiny played with me, and the subject that I choose as a last resort became the best decision of my life. I'm saying this because studying psychology hasn't only helped me in understanding other people's behavior but also my behavior. And now when I think of the person I used to be, before reading this subject and now, it shows me great difference. It feels like I'm more empathic and understanding as of now towards other people. So the lesson of the day is that "never be afraid to trust in the plans of Allah. He always chooses the best for you!"


Previous Post Next Post